Development of innovative training solutions in the ﬁeld of functional evaluation aimed at updating of the curricula of health sciences schools
„TEACH” is a project that responds to contemporary challenges in the field of healthcare, taking into account the progressive phenomenon of an aging society and the associated problem of long-term functional limitations (physical, mental and social) affecting an increasing number of people, especially elderly people.
As a result of „TEACH” project a specialized, dedicated training program for medical higher education institutions will be developed, taking into account a broad spectrum of requirements of teachers dealing with health sciences from all over Europe and related to the European Union health policy in the field of Functional Evaluation. In this context, the strategic result will be development of mechanisms to improve the health indicators of European society, which should start with the proper teaching of medical students.
Additionally „TEACH” will stimulate the creation of professional opportunities for teachers as it will improve the links and communication between universities, innovation sector, and health professionals. „TEACH” also intends to homogenize best practices among European healthcare professionals. This will mitigate differences between member countries and it will help them to share a common knowledge and methodologies to face common challenges.
„TEACH” consortium is composed by four organizations:
- Two academic organizations: Silesian University of Technology (SUT, Poland) and University of Valencia (UV, Spain).
- A research center: Institute of Biomechanics of Valencia (IBV, Spain).
- An association: The Association of Medical Schools in Europe (AMSE, Germany).
„TEACH” has associated three main substantive activities, all of them will be freely accessible to target users and also for general public interested on them:
- Specification and design of the Curriculum. It will be an electronic document available at the public area of the project website.
- Online course integrated in the online platform (pilot version). This output will include a set of different electronic documents that will be available at the project website, at the websites of the project partners and at the website of Erasmus+ program.
- Open online course. The course will be an open-access action that after the project end will be available as part of the training of project partners.
Start Date: 01-11-2018
Total Duration: 24 months
End Date: 31-10-2020
Project Reference: 2018-1-PL01-KA203-051084